There’s always sewing challenges and swaps popping up all over the place on the sewing-related internet. Want to know what’s coming up, or going on at the moment? Here’s a list of everything I know about.
Got a challenge or swap or meetup or the like happening that’s not on the list? Email me (macska at gmail dot com) or comment below and let me know about it so I can add it!
Wanna button so you can easily find this list again? Here’s one the lovely Mel made up.
<div align="center"><a href="http://macskakat.wordpress.com/upcoming-sewing-challenges/" title="MonthlySewingChallenges"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/oUEp9Mv8HiKM56RxLT5LrJb-prp-o7MGg1QIzdg_UEU=s206-p-no" alt="Monthly Sewing Challenges | Modern Vintage Cupcakes" style="border:none;" width="125" height="125" /></a></div>
- Feel the shirtdress love and join in with The Autumn of 1000 Shirtdresses (or Spring, depending on where you live). Running until 10 December (and yes, there are prizes, too!)
- It’s all about celebrating geekiness over on The Monthly Stitch this December, with the g33k out challenge! Whatever you’re a fan of, be it Dr Who, Buffy, The Matrix, Star Trek, LoTR, Space Invaders, etc, etc, make something to show off your inner geek.
- Make up the Rigel bomber jacket and be in to win a free Papercut pattern! (Especially useful if, like the people hosting it, you have the Rigel pattern and still haven’t gotten around to making it up…)
- Stitch up some denim with The Monthly Stitche’s Denim Never Dies theme for January
- Make up the new Christine Haynes pattern, the Marianne dress, with the sew-along, kicking off on 6 Jan
- There are rumours around of another Jungle January happening – stay tuned for more details!
- There’s a Los Angeles meet up happening on 21 February, heading to the Hollywood Costume Exhibit