There’s always sewing challenges and swaps popping up all over the place on the sewing-related internet. Want to know what’s coming up, or going on at the moment? Here’s a list of everything I know about.
Got a challenge or swap or meetup or the like happening that’s not on the list? Email me (macska at gmail dot com) or comment below and let me know about it so I can add it!
Wanna button so you can easily find this list again? Here’s one the lovely Mel made up.
<div align="center"><a href="http://macskakat.wordpress.com/upcoming-sewing-challenges/" title="MonthlySewingChallenges"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/oUEp9Mv8HiKM56RxLT5LrJb-prp-o7MGg1QIzdg_UEU=s206-p-no" alt="Monthly Sewing Challenges | Modern Vintage Cupcakes" style="border:none;" width="125" height="125" /></a></div>
- Here’s a bit of a different sew-along – it involves knitting as well! The outfit-along kicks off on 1 June and runs until 31 July. Knit up the new Andi Sutterlund cardigan and sew up a dress to match it.
- Over on The Monthly Stitch, the July sew-along challenge is Mono-Sewn. Sew only using black and/or white. (Should be rather interesting seeing a month of black-and-white creations pop up on the Monthly Stitch blog!)
- Jennifer Lauren Vintage is running a sew-along for her new Bronte top. Kicking off on 19 June and finished up on 14 July.
- Skirt Fixation are running their second Challenge Create series, with a new theme each week during July and possibly even some prizes to be won by people who sew along. The themes are:
- Week 1: Red, White and/or Blue
- Week 2: Linen
- Week 3: Geometric fabric
- Week 4: Knit fabric
- Week 5: Mystery (aka “I have no idea what this is?!”) fabric
- Sew Busy Lizzie is hosting Jeans in June and July – a challenge to make yourself a pair of jeans!
- True Bias is hosting a sew-along for her new Hudson Pants, kicking off on 30 June and finishing up on 22 July.
- Katy & Laney are also hosting a sew-along for their new Tap Shorts pattern (which is super cute, by the way!). Kicking off on 23 June and running until 18 July.
- July is the month for Skirting the Issue over on Project Sewn. It’s a sewalong with a difference – everything made is then given away to children in foster care.
- It’s Oonapalooza time over with The Sewcialists this July! Stitch up something inspired by Oona and her mad, bad use of colour and prints. Go crazy!
- Pauline Alice is running a sewalong for her (gorgeous!) new Alameda pattern, kicking off on 21 July
- The Sporty Summer Sewalong is all about making exercise-friendly things, however you interpret the brief! There’s even prizes to be won. Entries are due by 6 July.
- Papercut are running a contest with their new Anima pants pattern. Sew up the Anima pants and style them however you want, post an image on Instagram before 25 July, and be in to win some amazing prizes!
- In Toronto on 19 July? Head along to the Bata museum with the local sewing crew!
- The August theme over on The Monthly Stitch is Let Them Sew Cake. It’s the first birthday for The Monthly Stitch, yippie! Why not head over there and help celebrate by stitching up a party dress, or a garment inspired by your favourite cake, or even something with cakes printed all over it?