There’s always sewing challenges and swaps popping up all over the place on the sewing-related internet. Want to know what’s coming up, or going on at the moment? Here’s a list of everything I know about.
Got a challenge or swap or meetup or the like happening that’s not on the list? Email me (macska at gmail dot com) or comment below and let me know about it so I can add it!
Wanna button so you can easily find this list again? Here’s one the lovely Mel made up.
<div align="center"><a href="http://macskakat.wordpress.com/upcoming-sewing-challenges/" title="MonthlySewingChallenges"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/oUEp9Mv8HiKM56RxLT5LrJb-prp-o7MGg1QIzdg_UEU=s206-p-no" alt="Monthly Sewing Challenges | Modern Vintage Cupcakes" style="border:none;" width="125" height="125" /></a></div>
- Over on The Monthly Stitch, September is Amnesty Month. An opportunity to go back and finish off (or even start?!) some of the garments you were thinking of for any of the past year’s challenges.
- The September Sewcialists theme is Scraptember! Turn your scraps into something eco-friendly and wearably awesome
- Time to get ready for the changing seasons! The 4th Annual Fall Essentials Sew Along is kicking off on 1 September and runs through until 30 November. With seven different categories of things to sew and knit, there’s plenty of inspiration to kick-start your new seasons sewing.
- After a year’s hiatus, it’s happening again – OWOP ’14! (aka ‘One Week One Pattern’). Last held in 2012, this year Handmade Jane is hosting it during the week of 6th – 14th September. Pick a pattern, make a few (or even just one or two) versions of it, and wear that pattern every day during the week.
- There’s a sewalong happening for the new Yaletown dress pattern by Sewaholic, starting on 25 August and running through until 2 October.
- Wanna do some sewing for a man in your life? Thread Theory are running a sew-along for their new Finlayson Sweater. Kicking off on 1 September.
- All September, the Fabric Stash Contest is running over on Pattern Review. Make up a whole bunch of garments using fabric that’s been in your stash for at least 6 months – stash busting time!
- From August 16 to September 15, Pattern Review is running the One Pattern Many Looks contest – pick a pattern and make it up at least twice, with a different look each time.
- Over on The Monthly Stitch, it’s Frocktober time! October is all about making (and wearing) dresses. And if you want a bit of an extra challenge, there’ll be 4 indie dress patterns featured during the month, each with a sew-along and a sewing contest – the Giselle by Kate&Rose, Reglisse by Deer&Doe, Dakota by Named, and Lonsdale by Sewaholic. Check out all the details (including the prizes) here.
- The October Sewcialists theme is Grease! Inspired by the classic movie
- The November Sewcialists theme is sew costumes or everyday clothes inspired by Disney and Pixar