There’s always sewing challenges and swaps popping up all over the place on the sewing-related internet. Want to know what’s coming up, or going on at the moment? Here’s a list of everything I know about.
Got a challenge or swap or meetup or the like happening that’s not on the list? Email me (macska at gmail dot com) or comment below and let me know about it so I can add it!
Wanna button so you can easily find this list again? Here’s one the lovely Mel made up.
<div align="center"><a href="http://macskakat.wordpress.com/upcoming-sewing-challenges/" title="MonthlySewingChallenges"><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/oUEp9Mv8HiKM56RxLT5LrJb-prp-o7MGg1QIzdg_UEU=s206-p-no" alt="Monthly Sewing Challenges | Modern Vintage Cupcakes" style="border:none;" width="125" height="125" /></a></div>
- The August theme over on The Monthly Stitch is Let Them Sew Cake. It’s the first birthday for The Monthly Stitch, yippie! Why not head over there and help celebrate by stitching up a party dress, or a garment inspired by your favourite cake, or even something with cakes printed all over it?
- Keen to make up the new Alder shirtdress from Grainline Studios? There’s a sew along happening, with both versions of the dress, plus a v-neck version, a mandarin collar version, and top-length versions.
- Kicking off on 18 August there’s a sew-along for making aprons, hosted by Cassie Stephens
- The August Sewcialists theme is Tribute Month – make something based on a blogger that inspires you!
- Sew Amy Sew is hosting Repurpose Reuse Refashion! A month long competition encouraging all you sewists to look deep into your UFO pile, WIP pile, scrap pile, existing wardrobe and/or op shop to give something preloved a new life and save it from the rubbish heap. (There may even be some prizes up for grabs…!)
- Over on Ada Spragg, it’s all about the co-ordinating sets. This month, it’s Two-Piece Set-Acular! Make up a two-piece outfit using the same fabric and whatever combination of patterns you want.
- Chances are, you’ve heard about the latest Colette pattern – the Myrtle dress. There’s a sew-along happening for it during August.
- Feel like making some shorts? Why not enter them in the Shorts On The Line contest? You’ve got until 10 August to submit your creation to be in to win some fabulous prizes.
- Over on The Monthly Stitch, September is Amnesty Month. An opportunity to go back and finish off (or even start?!) some of the garments you were thinking of for any of the past year’s challenges.
- The September Sewcialists theme is Scraptember! Turn your scraps into something eco-friendly and wearably awesome
- Time to get ready for the changing seasons! The 4th Annual Fall Essentials Sew Along is kicking off on 1 September.
- The October Sewcialists theme is Grease! Inspired by the classic movie
- The November Sewcialists theme is sew costumes or everyday clothes inspired by Disney and Pixar