This June, we’re showing the love to the independent pattern designers. There are a bunch of them out there, working hard to create gorgeous, unique designs, with well thought out instructions and support, just for us. So go on, show ‘em some love and support!
Want to take part? Consider doing any (or all!) of the following:
- Sew up something from an independent label
- Write a blog post about which indie patterns you have, or which you’ve made up before, or what ones you want to get – anything like that at all, really!
- Buy a new indie pattern (or two, or three…) and tell us all about it and why you chose it
- Anything else you can think of that will show some support to the indie designers!
There’s a button you can grab to show you’re taking part:
<div align="center"><a href="https://macskakat.wordpress.com/indie-pattern-month/" title="Indiepatternmonth"><img src="http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/e9/f2/27/e9f227956d72934a934e18977a60970d.jpg" alt="Indie pattern month" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
And a Pinterest board where you can link up any blog posts you do for indie pattern month, or post pictures of your indie creations/pattern collections/etc.
There’s even a list of participating bloggers, so you can be nosy and go and see what everyone else has:
- The Curious Kiwi – making Lady Grey by Colette Patterns
- Modern Vintage Cupcakes – making La Slyphide by Papercut Patterns
- Handmade by Maryall – making Lily by Colette
- The Amazing Adventures of Taracat – making something from Deer and Doe
- Mrs Hughes – making Eclair by Colette
- Kadiddlehopper – making Hummingbird by Cake
- Diary of a Chain Stitcher – making Moss skirt by Grainline
- Handmade by Josie – making Mathilde blouse by Tilly
- Ingrid (without a blog) – making Sunki dress from Figgys Patterns
- No Time To Sew – making Thurlow shorts from Sewaholic
- I Want To Be A Turtle – making two (!) Peony’s by Colette
- Clipped Curves – just made Sureau by Deer and Doe
- Anne-Rose (without a blog) – making either Briar or Cascade by Megan Nielsen
- Sew Biased
- Sewist Stitch – making Cordova by Sewaholic
- Coser Cosas – making houseslippers from I Think Sew
- France Parijs – making Chardon skirt by Deer & Doe
- Deb Cameron (without a blog?) – currently trying to decide between 5 different Indie patterns!
- Gjometry – making Cabarita top from Cake patterns
- Just Sew Fun – making Sorbetto (as a tunic) by Colette
- Demented Kiwi Diaries – making something from Style Arc
- Pretty Grievances – making Mathilde top by Tilly and a skirt from Maria Denmark
- Heather Ball (no blog) – making Ooh La Leggings from Papercut
- busylizzieinbrissie – making Coppelia by Papercut and Hollyburn by Sewaholic
- Marguerite Designs – making Parfait by Colette
- House of Pinheiro – with lots planned! Ooh La Leggings by Papercut, Jasmine by Colette, and Nicola and Lola by Victory
- Nikkis Stitches – making Alma by Sewaholic
- Ginger Makes – making Moss mini skirt by Grainline Studio
- Curls n Skirls – making Middy Blouse by Folkwear
- Dresses and Me – making Ginger by Colette, Lola by Victory Patterns, and Archer shirt by Grainline Studios
- Desedera Designs – making Thurlow trousers by Sewaholic and Rooibos by Colette
- All Things Bright and Beautiful – teaching a class on Megan Nielsen’s Kelly skirt and making Megan Nielsen’s Briar
- Lolita Patterns – making Sugar Plum by Lolita Patterns and Thurlow by Sewaholic
- Lloubb – making Tofino shorts by Sewaholic and Heather Lou’s Bombshell Swimsuit
- Katy and Laney – Katy will be making Victoria blazer from By Hand London and Iris shorts from Colette. Laney will be making Archer shirt from Grainline Studios and Thurlow trousers from Sewaholic
- Thanks! I Made This Myself! – making Charlotte skirt from By Hand London
- Girls In The Garden – making Archer shirt and Scout woven tee, both from Grainline Studios
- Katheryn’s Busytown – making two Scout tees and a maxi dress version of the Tiny Pocket Tank, both from Grainline Studios
- Evening Bakes and Late Night Makes – making Kelly skirt by Megan Nielsen
- Starcross Sewing – making the Bombshell Swimsuit
- Tybalt: King of Cats – making Sureau by Deer&Doe
- Sew Love Tea Do – debating what to make first!
- Sara from Hamilton Chicklets – making Renfrew by Sewaholic, Briar by Megan Nielsen, and Scout tee by Grainline Studio
- Elizabeth from Hamilton Chicklets – making Washi dress from Made By Rae and Staple dress by April Rhodes
- I Will Work For Fabric – making Fave Top by Tessuti and Odette top by Fine Motor Skills
- Three Dresses Project – making the shirtdress from Ralph Pink and Hummingbird top from Cake
- Charlie Says Sew – has made the By Hand London Elisalex dress
- Rachel In Red – making Belladone by Deer & Doe
- Adventures of a Girl from the Naki – making either the Derby Dress or the Chelsea Dress from Christine Haynes
- The Somnolent Dachshund – making Anita ponti pant from Tessuti, and then a heck of a lot of other things!
- Funkbunny (whose blog I can’t find?) – has already made two Renfrew’s by Sewaholic, a Briar by Megan Nielsen, and Anita ponti pants from Tessuti!
We’ve even got a few resources that some of the sew-along participants have put together.
- Curls n Skirls has a list of indie designers and other useful resources
- Dresses and Me has recently started an online, New Zealand based shop selling indie patterns – finally, those of us down South can get our hands on some of those patterns without paying a fortune in postage costs! (I may be rather excited about this, haha!)
So go on – join in, and show those amazing indie designers some love and support!
Want to sign up? Comment below and we’ll add you to the list. Even better, tell us the following in your comment:
- What indie pattern you’re going to be making up next
- Your Pinterest name (if you’d like to be added to the group board)