Have you seen the Mystery Make Experiment over at Moon Munkie’s blog? Quite frankly, I love it – it’s the sort of random creative challenge that makes me rather excited.
Moon Munkie got all inspired by Debi’s Sew Grateful week and as a result created a giveaway-mixed-with-a-creative-challenge of her own. Here’s how it works:
She’s put together a four parcels of mystery things, and will send them to four people, who are willing to go along with the following guidelines:
1) They need to go to people with sewing or crafting type blogs which are updated regularly.
2) From the date you receive the parcel, you have 4 weeks to create something inspired by the items in the parcel.
3) You may use all or some of the items in the parcel and you may add from your own stash or buy additional items.
5) At the end of the 4 weeks (or before if you’re quick!) you agree to blog about the item you made (with a link to Moon Munkie) and the processes you went through – with pictures of course! You can also blog as you go along if you like. A tutorial for making your item is not essential, but would be appreciated!
6) I will also blog about the challenge. I’ll link to your blog from mine and from my facebook page. So hopefully your blog will get lots of extra visits, too.
7) Optional You could then do the same sort of thing. Offer 4 packages from your stash to other crafters. I wonder how far it would spread? I hope you will do this, but I don’t want to make it mandatory in case it puts people off joining in.
Isn’t that the neatest idea ever?!? Naturally, I’ve tossed my hat into the ring, so to speak, so keep your fingers crossed that I’m lucky enough to be drawn to take part in the making challenge.
Either way, it’s got me inspired to take part in the challenge, whether or not I get selected, by giving away a couple of mystery parcels of my own. I have no idea what will be in these yet (and even if I knew I wouldn’t tell you – they’re supposed to be a mystery, after all), but I’ll put two parcels together this week and draw a couple of people to give them away to next Sunday (26 February).
Want to be in the draw for a mystery parcel? The same rules as Moon Munkie’s giveaway (listed above) apply. With a small variation – I’d love it if you’d link to my blog with your finished creation, and let me know, so I can do a post about it as well. Also, you don’t have to give away mystery parcels yourself – that part is purely optional (although kinda fun too, in my opinion).
So, if you want to take part, please leave a comment below and let me know. Feel free to let me know what size you are as well, in case I have a pattern or two that’s the right size to put in with the rest of the mystery goodies. (There may or may not be patterns involved. What’s in the parcels is still a mystery to me, too!)