One of my goals this year is to spend more time with friends. I’ve also had a few recipe books that I’ve been collecting (such as The Vintage Tea Party Book, Ladies A Plate and High Tea at the Victoria Room) that I’ve been looking for an excuse to try a few recipes from.
Ergo, I’m going to throw a few tea parties for some of my lovely friends this year! Tea parties – tasty food, pretty china cups, lovely girls to hang out with, and an excuse to dress up a bit. Perfect, no?
Just for the fun of it, I’m aiming to have one every 4-6 weeks, and each one will have a different colour theme.
I threw the first of what will (hopefully) be a series of tea parties this afternoon, with a pink and yellow theme.
Theme: Pink & Yellow
- Hot baked grapefruit from The Vintage Tea Party Book
- Cheese puffs from Ladies A Plate
- Pikelets from Ladies A Plate, with rubarb and red berry jam or with homemade grapefruit marmalade
- Rose petal and honey sandwiches from The Vintage Tea Party Book
- Deluxe lemon slice from High Tea At The Victoria Room
- Sugared cherries and grapes from The Vintage Tea Party Book
- Cranberry juice with lemonade
- Pineapple juice with lemonade
- Orange tea
- the January Dress
- Pink cardigan from a clothes swap party
- Yellow Adidas sneakers (the only pink or yellow shoes I own!)