Have you heard about the Pattern Pyramid started by Karen at Did You Make That? It’s a rather fabulous idea, where bundles of patterns travel the world, finding new homes one-by-one with people who will make them and love them. There are six pattern bundles travelling around at present, and I was lucky enough to win one of them!
There were four amazing patterns in the Pattern Pyramid parcel I received from Tiffany at Twilltape – I think three of them were in the original pyramid parcel, and the Sewaholic Alma pattern was added by Tiffany. Check out this awesomeness:
So now for the (very!) hard decision – which one do I keep?!? I already have a pattern very similar to the Vogue mock wrap dress. Both of the vintage shirt patterns are very cute – Simplicity 3661 has a tie neck option, but Economy Design 157 has a cute and fun collar. And I’ve been wanting to try a Sewaholic pattern for ages, so the Alma top holds a lot of appeal as well! Eek – talk about a hard choice! (If only I could keep all three, but no, that’s not how this game works. ;-) Since I need breastfeeding-friendly clothes, I’m going to pass on the Alma top, and go instead with Economy Design 157 – that collar is too cute to pass up!
Which means the Vogue mock wrap dress, the Sewaholic Alma top and the vintage Simplicity shirt pattern are all going to be sent on to the next Pattern Pyramid winner. Along with one or two other patterns I’m going to add into the mix, in order to spread the Pyramid love around a bit longer (and give the next recipient another option or two to choose from). I’m leaving it a surprise as to which other pattern(s) will be added though – guess you’ll just have to wait for the winner of this pile to blog about it to find out what they are. ;-)
Oh yes, and there are some Pattern Pyramid woven labels that come in the parcel as well, so the lucky winner will get to keep one of those to attach to whatever they make from whichever pattern they choose.
Here are the rules of the giveaway, as set by Karen (aka She Who Started It All).
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight GMT Sunday 14 October BUT you must have an active blog. (Reasons to become obvious.)
- I will randomly select a winner.
- I will post the selection of Pattern Pyramid patterns to the winner, along with a generous number of hand woven labels so you can sew one into anything made from one of these patterns.
- The winner will pick one pattern to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that Person C. Person C will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person D. Person D will… (and so on).
- If you’re a winner, Karen (who started the Pattern Pyramids) would love it if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided the patterns that started off this whole pattern-sending-loveliness.
Want to be in to win? Just let me know in the comments below! (And please make sure I have a way to get in contact with you if you’re the lucky winner.) I’ll be closing off the competition at the end of Sunday (14 October) and posting who won on Monday 15 October.